View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 03:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

L4-5 and L5-S1 Intervertebral discs show minimal degenerative changes.

*L4-5 there is minimal disc bulge noted centrally causing bilateral foraminal narrowing (more prominant then my exam in 11/06. Overall, signal intensity of interverebral disc at this level has decreased indicating progressive degeneration.

*L5-S1 small central bulge

*L3-4, L4-5 and L5-S1 Hypertrophic changes of the facet joints.

Hello! I am not a doctor but your MRI results sounded so familiar.

First off do not worry about the different results, different machines *see different things, just like the different x-ray or radiologists have different interpertations.

First off reading what you wrote what stands out is - your MRI sounds kinda like mine - but milder. The diagnosis is Degenerative Disk Disease, and possibly like mine you started off with herniated disks and lost some of your disk height.....mine is literally almost bone on bone now - the constant rubbing causes the bones to try to heal themselves growing bone spurs - which cause a whole host of different problems.

To your MRI:

L4-L5 L5-S1 mild changes to the disk - this could be due to aging - weight or injury.....Means the Disk essentially looks good but there are some changes to the anulus (middle) - can be a cause of pain.

L4-L5 herniated disk

go to http://www.chirogeek.com/001_Tutoria...h-of-Bulge.htm to learn more.

All the best - Kim
Life is a series of mountains and valleys, some days we travel up the mountain effortlessly, some days we fall into the valley - what's important is.....we get up and climb that mountain again ~Quote by Julia Diemientieff, my Grandmother....Yup'ik Elder from Bethel, Alaska
AK Kid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote