View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 01:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile getting some relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Hi,

You do a lot of driving. Can he take the bus? How many more months before the braces come off?

He is fifteen. He needs more responsibility around the house.
He can do his own laundry (and fold his clothes and put them away), keep the kitchen clean, start dinner, take out the trash, and vacuum.
You should ignore his messy bedroom.

Does he have any opportunity to exercise? Exercise helps tremendously with mental health and overall health.

Regarding how to handle your own stress . . . Exercise and get enough sleep. Hire anyone you can to help out with any household or laundry duties.
Do you have your own therapist? You can find someone who is trained in relaxation techniques.
Good luck.

M
We started home bound school this week and things are getting better. No more fights about going to school and his mood swings are calming down. We have started taking walks in the evening and getting outside has helped with my stress levels. Still have over a year until the braces come off. We live in a rural area with all of his doctors and dentist over 45 minutes away. No bus service. But since he has started homebound he has a list of chores to do every day and it has helped me out a bunch. I help him with his school work, get some sleep, and when I get up we go for a walk before I fix dinner and get ready for work. I feel like things may be looking up. It also helps to get advice from people like you because it lets me know I'm not alone out here. Thanks for taking the time to send some advice. Send more anytime.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (04-15-2013)