View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Angry

Quote:
For instance, you write : it's recommended that suspected seronegative MG patients have tests such as arterial blood gas or walking oximetry.

Recommended by who?
Well, Alice, I guess recommended by me; however, I didn't say it was required, only a "tool" that is often used to evaluate an MG patient in an ER. Now my research was based on experience, doctor's recommendations and a lot of research. But I'm not a doctor, so I don't "recommend" anything. Even as a designer, I can recommend a design but it's up to the customer to choose what they want. Why aren't doctors the same way? It's apparent that they often don't even consider what the patient wants. And if they don't, why not at least explain why (rhetorical question)?

Sorry, Seishin, I digress.

I think it's very sad that we, as patients, have to think this way. But the reality is that neurologists sprint to the psychosomatic card faster than an MG patient can tank during a crisis. If only someone had told me how suspicious they are way back when, I might've saved myself a lot of pain. And, Seishin, by pain I mean a LOT of prejudice, lies and unethical behavior that I never want to see again.

I'm sorry, but you can't change a neurologist's stripes.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
seishin (02-02-2013)