View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 03:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks everybody for the detailed & thoughtful feedback. I appreciate the time you spent & your opinions.

I won't send the letter. Just as Annie describes, I've already encountered a large share of unethical behavior with snap judgments about my state of mind while disregarding my state of body.

The resident neuro deserves recognition and I want to apprise him of my situation without sounding whiney or litigious. My naive, magical thinking says his having this feedback potentially could help him become a better neurologist to help more patients. But I don't want to bring any more hellfire raining down on my head in my effort to educate.

I guess if I really want to work at bringing awareness and clarity re: the challenges of diagnosing MG (how it can't necessarily be diagnosed using traditional approaches to neuromuscular & pulmonary testing methods), I would have to do so through a third-party entity. That way, any wrath couldn't be directed back at me.

Do you think it would be out of line if I sent the resident neuro a short letter like this?:

"Dr. [B.], I just wanted to let you know you were spot on with your diagnosis. I've had a positive response to the Tensilon test for myasthenia gravis. The way you spoke and treated me with compassion during the hospital stay was really appreciated and went a long way in making me feel heard. Thanking & wishing you well, Seishin"
seishin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote