View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 03:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Serratus anterior dysfunction(swimmer's shoulder)

Hi
Im 22 years old male from Estonia. I have high interest in physical activities and physiology. I'm constructing a idea, in a empiristic way, of a ''super human(dr. Manhattan heheh)''. From past to present(about 1 year and 7 months) i have learned areas wich i find the most substantial: hypertrophy(sarcoplasmic, myofibrillar), endurance(cardiovascularity with running no longer distance than 10km), Explosiveness(sprinting, polymetrics) and overall conditioning(swimming, isometrics). I find that each sport is sui generis and very complex, structural. Im giving my best to really improve in those areas but i cant avoid mistakes due to my ignorance and high will power. I feel massive energy boosts wich makes me feel, this is little stupid, unstoppable. I try out new things and I want to see good results without having any wisdom of it. Overall, I think I have made some serious results in areas wich i have improved.
Due to my ignorance I have made mistakes wich gaved me some injuries. I have discopatia(L3-L4, L5-S1 makes me 3cm shorter), pinched nerve(Sciatica). Thats not very big issue to me anymore, im in a path of beating it. The problem why I camed here is because of swimming. I have ''swimmer's shoulder''.I lost neural connection with my left s. a(serratus anterior).
It happened about 7 months ago in summer. I mentioned swimming as one substantial area wich needs improving to be the idea what im constructing. I started swimming butterfly stroke wich i considered to be warm up. When i had experience approx one month, I started to feel some interesting sensations: I couldn't do any bodyweight dips and pull ups(my pulling and pressing power was gone). It scared me a lot. I had no idea what was going on.
My left s. a have less mass than right one. I have not felt any pain, swelling or other similar sensations only disfunction.
I can't post links, so i put pics as attatchments. First pic is left and problematic serratus. Clearly comparing it with right s. a it has less mass and definition. Second pic is completely healthy and strong right s.a. In third pic you will see some differencies in scapula region.
In seven months i have made big progress to activate the problematic one. I think I will reach my previous potential within next 6 months. Ofcourse Im very ignorant and with poor knowledge. Maybe here someone can guide me and recommend some literature, give a advice. Im grateful to any response.
Im also sorry for my linguistic approach, I have poor expression.
Attached Thumbnails
Serratus anterior dysfunction(swimmer's shoulder)-leftserratus-jpg   Serratus anterior dysfunction(swimmer's shoulder)-rightserratus-jpg   Serratus anterior dysfunction(swimmer's shoulder)-backkl-jpg  
modus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote