View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default First step in losing independence- need help.

I am just under the 2 yr. mark from when I injured myself and my whole crps type 1 disorder started. I am starting to experience my first big loss with this disease.

I am rapidly losing the ability to be able to walk for any distance without significant pain and spasms. (I'm on lots of medications for crps, spasms & pain.) My balance is also starting to go and I've had a few near falls. This is truly upsetting for me. I enjoy my walks and my hobbies that involve walking so I need to figure out what my next step is to try to hang onto these for as long as I can.

I don't feel that a walker will help because my legs hurt too much. And I don't feel like a wheelchair will help because my arms and upper back hurt & are weak. Crutches are out for the same reasons. I'm not equipped to have an electric wheelchair in my van- couldn't imagine having to get it in and out of the trunk.

I'm considering the type of walker with 4 wheels that one can sit on and just push oneself along with his/her feet. I don't know the name of this or if it's even intended for this use.

Any input/suggestions from anyone who has gone this route would be appreciated.
reluctant@thetable is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
edever34 (02-03-2013), jcody (02-04-2013)