View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurochic View Post
The majority of it is nothing more than that particular doctor's personal opinion and unsubstantiated hypothesis. It contains virtually no references to any published studies, peer reviewed research, recognised authorities or texts to back up, justify or evidence any of the opinions and hypotheses. Too much of it is based in pseudo-science and some of it just makes no sense. It has to be treated with great caution.

The specific part you referred me to (which I have looked at in the past when researching this urban myth previously) is really worrying and seems to be where the urban myth has sprung from. It contains some bizarre statements and, again, there is no evidence at all to back up his claims.

I'm sorry. I don't want to offend people because most people who post here seem to like that website and think it has good advice and I don't want to stir things up but I can't agree and it is certainly not a source that any of the leading CRPS clinicians and researchers I've spoken to would ever look to.
This is the point of linking. You don't believe Hooshmand is creditable. Fine.

But, it is confusing to me that within the same post you give an opinion in exactly the same manner that he does--with no evidence to back up your claims.

If the research has been done, and it is an urban myth as you say, that's pretty significant information to this community.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote