View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 11:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Ejected from car

HI I am new to this site. I too was hit by a drunk driver 12/18/10. I was 7 months pregnant at the time. I was ejected out the back windshield I was knocked but don't know how long by the time my son kicked his way out of the car and got to me I woke up. and was able to talk to the paramedics on the scene I cracked my head open. remarkably I had no broken bones and the baby was ok.

I was unable to move or walk for three days without extreme pain over my entire body for the 1st few days. I could not turn my head without getting extremely dizzy and disoriented for months. I sprained a finger on my left had and was unable to lift it. after some months of PT I was able to lift it above my head but I still had pain for over a year.

About 7 months after the accident I woke up in intense pain in my ankle I went to the ER and a podiatrist for months and nothing helped, finally he sent me to a surgeon who did an MRI and found out it was from the trauma of the accident. I ended up having surgery on my foot I thought that was it. then about four months later my hips started to hurt, it progressed to the point I could not walk.

now the fingers on my left hand is killing me and my wrist and elbow on my right had is killing me. the doc has tested me for everything and all my blood work is fine. ankle is back to hurting MRI show I still had two micro fractures, and a destroyed ligament MRI on hips show cyst on spine which he said was from impact of the accident. still have trouble with cognitive abilities and if I shake my head...could all this really be from the accident? I never had any issues before the accident now I can barely move
Nickyb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote