Thread: Why?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 08:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default oh what a tangled web

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
I have asked this question several times over the years but have never gotten an answer. It is not a hard question and should be easily answered, but for some reason it is not. Since there are some new minds here now, I will ask it again.

We are told that adrenaline is made from noradrenaline which, in turn, is made from dopamine. Enzymes and co-factors are required to enable the reactions.

My question is - If one has a borderline deficit in the supply of any of these chemicals and one encounters a situation that requires the production of adrenaline beyond the normal reserve, what happens? Do we deplete dopamine to create the more essential adrenaline? And what if this is a chronic problem?

Most importantly, why is it so difficult to find the answer to such a basic question?

what if the alchemy is highly individualized ? I too am wondering about this and it may not be simply a deficit of supply rather a sort of grooved response pattern governed by memory?

I like the fava pod juice because I suspect it contains enzymes that assist levadopa uptake - purely speculation on my part

it is good to become aware of when one releases cortisol and when one releases endorphins - its hard to discern some ttimes for example exercise if approached with competitive motives produces cortisol even though it feels good?

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote