Thread: Swollen Gums
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Consider This,

Vitamin C is the best thing on the planet!!! I take 4-5 grams of a very specified C daily. But it took me 3 months to work up to that level. Vitamin C comes in a variety of forms and depending on which one it is, determines how much should be taken at one time. Especially when just starting out because it can cause kidney problems in some individuals if they take too much for a long period of time or too much too quickly and do not drink several glasses of water every day, throughout the day.

I have seen vitamin c work miracles... seriously, no doubt about that. But it cannot cure or alter a bone infection that is caused by a dental implant. It may subside some physical symptoms and actually slow down the progression of the infection for a long time, depending on the individual. But the fact is, the infection will eventually become resistant to the vitamin c and in the meantime the infection is taking it's toll on your immune system.

Have you been to a dentist in the last 5 yrs and had xrays to see if this infection has spread? If not, I really urge you to do so because it's the only way of knowing if the vitamin c has been that miracle that you hope it has.

Thanks for sharing your story... all the best to you!
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsiderThis View Post
This may or may not be useful ... but years ago I had tetanus and could barely stand, so I didn't brush my teeth. I got a horrible infection around one of my dental implants. The pain was excruciating. The swelling was so bad it affected my vision.

I didn't have money for a doctor or dentist. So, I tried vitamin C. I took quite a lot, I forget how much... probably something like three or four of the 250mg tablets a few times an hour for several hours on end.

The swelling decreased.

In a day the pain was vastly less.

I've still got the bad implants because my Medicaid won't pay for removal because they are implants. The infection doesn't appear to count. (I live in New Mexico where savings like this are essential, and the state used $20M to help Iron Man II be made... Yes, I don't approve.)

So, I'm still using vitamin C to keep the infection under control, and this is more than 5 years later.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote