View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 07:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I forgot that you were that young Catra. Now I feel silly to say that I was embarrassed to use one at ae 47.

The thing is, now that I tried one.....and have it here at my disposal, I won't hesitate to use it again, if the occassion warrents it. any of you are dealing with lower extremity RSD. Mine is in my neck/upper back (TOS area) and goes down my L arm. For me, it's not that my legs don't work (most of the time, then there's another dx and another story).....it's that just standing, the weight of my L arm pulls on my neck and increases my pain. When I need to sit, I NEED to sit. I don't forsee needing to take the rollator to church....there are seats there. If I go to a mall to shop.....heck ya that thing is coming with me !

Reluctant,

I "get" not wanting to look or feel like a "broken" person. The thing is, we ARE broken....or at least parts of us are. Consider that a walker or rollator may be able to help you maintain a level of activity that you want to.....or possibly even increase it.

While on my vacation with my sons, they teased me about the rollator on the journey down to Wash DC. I went out without it the next day. TOTALLY overdid things and had to miss going to the National Zoo with them. The day after that "wasted a day in bed due to severe pain on my vacation" day, I tried out the rollator. It made life much easier being able to sit when I needed to and not having to carry all the bags. My kids (teen boys) made fun of me. The next day, it came to a decision.....I knew I couldn't do what we scheduled without it, so was I going to sit in the hotel room by myself or take the rollator so I could manage all the walking and touring. I took the rollator and got out and had fun.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (02-03-2013), loretta (02-03-2013), reluctant@thetable (02-03-2013)