View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 07:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurochic View Post
With respect, the comment in the bold, coloured text misunderstands what ice actually does to blood vessels and muscle tissue when placed on the body in a non-acute situation. People with CRPS don't have acute tissue trauma and when ice is used on the body it doesn't constrict blood vessels. It reduces pain, relaxes muscle and causes the blood vessels to relax and dilate. This is, for example, why ice massage is regularly used by physios and athletes.

I'm not prepared to get into some kind of battle of published medical authorities. *admin edit*
Everyone is welcome to (and should) do their own research and form their own views. I've said all I have to say on ice *admin edit*

FWIW, I thought your discussion was reasonable and respectful. Demanding that everyone try using ice for their RSD would be inapprpriate and possibly harmful, you merely suggested people do what works for them and questioned the accuracy of a site that many of us take as "gospel" truth. Questioning is entirely reasonable, in my opinion.

That is why I was hesitant to say that I still use ice on occassion. I'm not recommending that anyonee else do the same, just explaning what's in my arsenal of pain fighting tools.

Anywho......I don't know what happened behind the scene here, but I like both of you a lot, so I hope you go with the ol' "agree to disagree" plan

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !

Last edited by Chemar; 02-04-2013 at 07:06 PM. Reason: quoted post was edited
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
aascvt (02-04-2013), loretta (02-03-2013)