Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 11:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterball View Post
Joined today. I am a system analyst for an IT company. I fell into this site because I was researching Lidocaine Patches. I had my first appointment with a neurologist and getting all sorts of tests. 2 months ago I fell and could not get up. My muscles in my extremetes were so weak I couldn't pull myself up from the floor. Lasted a week and just suddenly stopped. I've had a CT scan, MRI, blood tests. So far I don't know why or what the cause.
Welcome, glad you found this forum too. I'm sure that was very a frightening experience. Because I wasn't diagnosed for 5 years, I have learned that it is a good thing to be our own advocate. Research and listening to ourselves and not ignoring or discounting our symptoms. May I suggest starting a file and keeping a copy for yourself of every blood test and others tests. That way as you research you can compare your results to 'normal' standards.
Some neuro conditions come in 'flares' So the starting and stopping of symptoms can be misleading or confusing. Flares can and often are triggers by stress for many neuro conditions.
There are many forums and many of us just stay with the forums of our particular condition. So don't take it personal if we don't respond, as we may not be on your particular condition forum.
Stay with us and let us know how you are doing and any way in which we can support you. loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote