Thread: Newly diagnosed
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 12:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina55 View Post
I was diagnosed in August. I have CRPS type 2 in my left ankle and I think it is spreading up my leg to my hip. I am always in horrible pain. I try to be positive but I just keep getting worse. I don't know what to do. I am knew to this and don't know much about it. I have been trying to research as much as I can. I just bought some vitamins and am hoping they will help. I am a single mom and although my daughter is great handling this I don't want her to feel alone or like she has to take care of me. Most days I can't even get out of bed. I have tried lumbar sympathetic nerve injections, but the last one was really bad and after my leg has been having the same pain and symptoms of my ankle. I just feel lost.
Hi Angelina and Welcome!!! I am sorry you are here for that reason of course.
One of the best things you can do is get educated about CRPS. There will be a lot of very good educational information here on this site as well as personal experiences that you will find helpful. I'm not really that great with computers and cutting and pasting type stuff, but will try and look up some documentation and give to you.
There are some members on here that really do have a great deal of education on this disorder. I'm sure they will come online and give you some references too.
One of the things that I have found to be most effective is reasonable activity. Not being mobile, is the worst for us. Keeping pain in control at a reasonable level is important. Besides pain meds, are you on like neurotin. or lyrica or cymbalta? These are some meds some docs use in treating CRPS.
For me, physical therapy both professionally and 'at home' was huge for
reversing the body limbs freezing up and regaining range of motion and keeping mobile.
You will find so much good information here as well as comfort and support. Please let us know how you are doing. loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote