Thread: Newly diagnosed
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 04:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reluctant@thetable View Post
Welcome to this group and know that you are not alone. We are all here to support one another. I know what you mean about not wanting your daughter to feel like she has to take care of you. I don't want my husband to have to take care of me. He's 8 yrs. older than me and I wanted to take care of him in his later years b/c of all he's done for me throughout our lives. It wasn't supposed to be like this...

You have lots of options left if all you've tried is lumbar sympathetic injections and vitamins. What I'd consider most important is to find a healthcare professional who is familiar with crps- a pain management anesthesiologist or a physiologist to direct your care. There are many drugs available to you such as anti-spasmotics, anti-inflammatory, anti-depressant and pain relief medications. Physical therapy and/or water therapy is another option- the earlier it's started, the better. It's not uncommon to meet with a psychologist because of all the stress, strain and depression someone goes through with crps.

As you can see, crps requires a healthcare group approach. The good news is that you've been diagnosed early. Continue to read and get yourself informed because you will need to advocate for yourself.

I'm sure others will chime in here. I just wanted to say "Hi" and welcome to our "elite" group.
I lucked out and everyone is very familiar with CRPS. They have delt with patients before. and I am seeing a pain counselor. I just don't know what other drugs are out there to ask about to try? I do think a muscle relaxer would be beneficial to me though.
Angelina55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote