Thread: Newly diagnosed
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 04:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loretta View Post
Hi Angelina and Welcome!!! I am sorry you are here for that reason of course.
One of the best things you can do is get educated about CRPS. There will be a lot of very good educational information here on this site as well as personal experiences that you will find helpful. I'm not really that great with computers and cutting and pasting type stuff, but will try and look up some documentation and give to you.
There are some members on here that really do have a great deal of education on this disorder. I'm sure they will come online and give you some references too.
One of the things that I have found to be most effective is reasonable activity. Not being mobile, is the worst for us. Keeping pain in control at a reasonable level is important. Besides pain meds, are you on like neurotin. or lyrica or cymbalta? These are some meds some docs use in treating CRPS.
For me, physical therapy both professionally and 'at home' was huge for
reversing the body limbs freezing up and regaining range of motion and keeping mobile.
You will find so much good information here as well as comfort and support. Please let us know how you are doing. loretta
I do as much pt at home as I can and I push myself even harder while I am at pt which is 3 times a week. I am on Lyrica. I have never heard of neurotin and cymbalta gave me bad side affects.
Angelina55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote