View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 02:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

*admin edit* They are my opinions and comments in the same way as you make your comments here which people are free to agree or disagree with as they see fit. I stand by my comments.

With respect, I don't know where this idea has come from that people are only free to express opinions where they back them up with support. The vast, vast majority of opinions expressed on here are entirely unsupported even by annecdotal evidence. They are people's opinions, nothing more, nothing less. Annecdotal evidence is no better than opinion or speculation, thats why medical science wont rely on it for any decision making. This is supposed to be a forum where people can share their experiences and opinions and support one another, that is all. That is what most people do here. Even quoting medical articles and studies in responses is no guarantee of accuracy - it's always possible for people to miss contrary evidence or to miss more recent publications which reflect a different outcome.
*admin edit*

I have no desire to undermine the value of the totality of people's experiences as they contribute their valuable personal experiences to this forum but to believe that this means that the forum is leading the way in identifying scientific progress is worrying. The hypothesis that CRPS may have an autoimmune cause is a long standing one and I'm not sure how it could be thought that this forum (which has a constant and frequently changing group of posters) came up with this hypothesis before research scientists. The threads on TDcS are a very interesting collection of people's annecdotal experiences, but no more than that. They may well be useful to others, they may not. That technology has been in existence for over 30 years and has been tried by the medical profession to treat many conditions. accordingly, I'm sure lots of people have lots of annecdotal evidence for its efficacy and otherwise in a wide variety of conditions. That is not the same as a properly structured and run clinical trial.

If you have actually read any of my posts you will know that I am acutely bothered by 'facts'. You will see that evidence and facts are particularly important to me. I can't understand why you would suggest otherwise.

Your quotation from Wikipedia on warm blooded animals adds nothing to this and to provide it to me would suggest that you must believe I have rather limited understanding of this basic concept. I don't know why you feel the need to be quite so insulting in this way.

I'm sure you have lots of personal experience and knowledge of CRPS, clearly you regularly contribute the results of your searches for others to look at. It is possible for other people to have just as much knowledge but to communicate their opinions and knowledge differently. Your way isn't the "correct" one, nor is there anything on the forum that requires any poster to back up their opinions. This is not a medical advice site, it is for information and support.

*admin edit*

Last edited by Chemar; 02-04-2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: previous posts edited so response required editing as per guidelines
Neurochic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote