View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 03:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am going in for a surgical consult on 2/7/2013 - there appears to many reasons I am having problems with my legs due to severe central canal stenosis in my cervical spine and my lumbar spine and lots or other stuff.

Thanks for checking back.

Hey, I find that using a foam roller for myofascial release is wonderful. It is like having a full body massage that you can do to yourself anytime you feel like it. I bought one on line from Amazon. I got the softest foam roller to start and I have graduated to the nubbed roller.

the foam rollers come in several densities - like medium and hard or something like that....start out with medium.

It is worth the money to get one. Mine costs about 45 dollars US. And I went on line to learn different moves I could do with the roller. My Physical therapist started me out on it. And I asked if I could buy one outside of PT.

I have never heard of myofascial pain syndrome. I will look it up and learn about it. Maybe that is part of my problem too.

I just had a caudal epidural injection two weeks ago - and I have had some relief from searing pain - it is more like complete numbness than relief of pain but hey I will take it at this point.

You might want to try epidural steriod injections (ESIs), they help with inflammation which you can't see on MRI's or CT or scans usually -

You may want to look into having your muscles tested - or biopsied. A surgeon told me to check it out - he said I should eliminate the possibility that I am dealing with a muscle issue - and the way this is going I strongly believe it could be a muscle issue, although it would be rare.

How did you come to your current diagnosis of myofascial pain syndrome? ARe you still having the strange muscle/nerve issues? Can you still exercise?

Since I can no longer stand or walk more than a few steps I sit on an exercise ball and do P90X moves sitting - I also spend a lot of time laying on the floor doing core work. It keeps me sane.

Write back if you have time.
thinkitdoit7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (05-16-2020)