View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 06:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synnove View Post
Hello. I am new to this forum. I do not know if I have MS. First, I am not in the typical age group, I am 63. Symptoms started 2 years ago with continous head aches, often unable to sleep due to the same. Had 2 episodes of ceiling spinning and vertigo. Had 2 episodes of visual scotome.
I also had had terrible leg spasm of both legs almost every night for months. Went to eye doctor after 2-3 months. I had MRI, it showed a few things: Demyelinating lesions suspecting possible MS. Cerebral aneurysm, and a silent stroke. So, first priority, I had a endovascular embolization repair of the aneurysm right away. ( I was so lucky this was found before rupturing, I almost think it was a miracle that I had the headaches)
I have sincebeen feeling very fatigued in the last 2 years. Have some balance problems some times.

For the last 1 1/2 year, I have been feeling tremours/vibrating feeling inside in afternoon. I have developed terrible burning pain all over, this getting much worse for last 6 months. I have had pins and needles in arms( but it could also be due to a herniated cervical disc. Now I have felt heavyness in legs sometimes after the burning pain has been on for a while For the last 6 months I have had more and more numbness in feet, mostly left, and also hands. I have a negative EMG. The Rheumotologist says it could be small fiber neuropathy.
I feel a shakyness/unsteady feeling sometimes. It feels like the ground I am standing on is shaking. This happens often when there is a lot on noyce and activity around me. I have also felt it sitting on a sofa or lying in bed, it feels like it is shaking under me. I have been seen by neurologists, had repeat MRI with contrast both of brain and spine, to check for new lesions, but there has been no new lesions. I have been checked for Sjogrens, and have had all the lupus blood tests. All negative. I hav been diagnosed with leucocytoclastic vasculitis, with skin lesions on legs.
But the terrible tremor feeling especially when I get tires, continous. And it seems to bee worse now. It seems to be worse with the neuropathy pain. I have not had a spinal tap yet, due to being on 2 blood thinners.
Could I have MS? I feel that I must have some CNS involvement due to the symptoms. Or I could be having systemic vasculitis? I am going to have a biopsy of lesions in the bronchi due to findings on bronchoscopy
I apreciate any suggestions
thanks
Welcome to the forum
I am 57 years old and had similar symptoms in 2012. Continuous headaches, vertigo, tremors, diarrhea, ear aches, tinnitus, could not sleep,blurred vision, lesions and a rash to back, abdomen and scalp. Thought I was dying! Went from physician to physician and they were all puzzled. Got tested for Lyme Disease, results were negative, wore a holter monitor, had echocardiogram, all negative, had ova & parasite done to stoll, all negative, blood work done, all negative, had MRI of the brain and came back with white matter lesions. I got a referral to a Neurologist.

Took awhile before I got an appointment with Neurologist, so I continued to do some research on my own. I took a mycotoxin and fungal identification urinalysis test from EHAP labs and VOILA! The tests came back positive for mycotoxins and fungi inside of me. I was floored!At the same time I was happy to finally reach a diagnosis, before it was to late. Traveled to Georgia to The Mold Treatment Centers of America, they assessed, evaluated and educated me. Gave me a treatment protocol that I am following at present. My symptoms are all subsiding & starting to feel better. Many Thanks to the Mold Treatment Center of America, the only one in USA. I have an unending gratitude for MTCA Staff Members.
I did go to the Neurologist and she was thinking that I had MS and ordered a spinal MRI with and without contrast. A few days after my appointment with the Neurologist, I called her office and gave her my diagnosis, she stated I did not have to take the MRI of the spine, if I was improving. Just thought I would put this little bit of information out there. I know of people that have multiple symptoms like me and have been misdiagnoised for MS, Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Etc.... I am not a physician, but I have certainly learned a lesson and received a very good education on pathogenic mold. Hope I was Helpful.
Magnolia777 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (02-05-2013), Judy2 (02-05-2013)