View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 08:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia777 View Post
Welcome to the forum
I am 57 years old and had similar symptoms in 2012. Continuous headaches, vertigo, tremors, diarrhea, ear aches, tinnitus, could not sleep,blurred vision, lesions and a rash to back, abdomen and scalp. Thought I was dying! Went from physician to physician and they were all puzzled. Got tested for Lyme Disease, results were negative, wore a holter monitor, had echocardiogram, all negative, had ova & parasite done to stoll, all negative, blood work done, all negative, had MRI of the brain and came back with white matter lesions. I got a referral to a Neurologist.

Took awhile before I got an appointment with Neurologist, so I continued to do some research on my own. I took a mycotoxin and fungal identification urinalysis test from EHAP labs and VOILA! The tests came back positive for mycotoxins and fungi inside of me. I was floored!At the same time I was happy to finally reach a diagnosis, before it was to late. Traveled to Georgia to The Mold Treatment Centers of America, they assessed, evaluated and educated me. Gave me a treatment protocol that I am following at present. My symptoms are all subsiding & starting to feel better. Many Thanks to the Mold Treatment Center of America, the only one in USA. I have an unending gratitude for MTCA Staff Members.
I did go to the Neurologist and she was thinking that I had MS and ordered a spinal MRI with and without contrast. A few days after my appointment with the Neurologist, I called her office and gave her my diagnosis, she stated I did not have to take the MRI of the spine, if I was improving. Just thought I would put this little bit of information out there. I know of people that have multiple symptoms like me and have been misdiagnoised for MS, Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Etc.... I am not a physician, but I have certainly learned a lesson and received a very good education on pathogenic mold. Hope I was Helpful.
Thanks for sharing that. Your story interests me. I have a few questions if you don't mind? Well if you don't here they go haha

What made you think about mold being the cause of your symptoms?
Also do you know you were being exposed to mold?
Was anyone else around you like people you lived with or worked with affected as well?
I'm asking because it has crossed my mind that something in my house is making me sick simply because my symptoms started after I moved here. However my husband and my son are just fine so I just keep pushing that thought out of my head.

Please share if you don't mind...
keepingfaith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote