View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 12:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Gabapentin theraputic dose is 2400-3600mg for someone with MP. You were taking far too little to even get over the Ramp up Side Effects. Once you are up there for a week or so, you get your "Words" back, and most of the intolerable side effects are gone. It is also key to get up there sooner than later. Alternately try Lyrica (Pre-Gabapentin), mg wise it is about 10x lower. 600mg max dosage is equivilent to 3600mg of gabapentin. With either of these drugs once your body is tolerating it, the drowsy and drunken feeling goes away.

Buy stock in Lidocaine patches.. just remember to shave your leg before you put it on! have I said that before?

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantToCutMyLegOff View Post
Hi! I shared a similar path to yours. I was up to 1500 of Gabapentin a day. It seemed like it worked less and less and I had to increase the dose more and more. The amatriptyline was a godsend to me but the BIGGEST help to me was my round of Capzasin cream. It was a pain, and even painful at times but it worked! A very thin film on the painful area of the leg five times a day for one week, then three times a day for a week, then wean down as necessary. This was recommended to me by a neurologist at Northwestern University after trying EVERY medicine possible. I cried because I did not think it would work. It did..I still have it...but now I have dropped the gabapentin completely and only use the amatriptyline at night. At first the amatriptyline made me completely zombified. Now, it has no effect on me. I do occasionally drink alcohol with no problem. I do notice the dry mouth, but it is nothing compared with the MP pain that I had.
rMuD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote