View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 12:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceSkate View Post
I have been having some slight numbness in my face, and upper arms.

I can still feel everything. It's just a slight decrease in sensitive, but I do notice the difference.

About a year ago, I had high amount of numbness throughout my body for a week, and then I lost my sense of taste of taste for 2 months. After I had regained my taste and the numbness went away, I had an MRI (It took about 4 months after I felt back to get an appointment). There was nothing thankfully.

The doctors told me it was probably stress. It's been a week or so like this.

But, this slight off feeling in my skin is odd now. I'm worried about going back to the doctor, and spending all that money to find out it's just stress. It's also kinda of embarrassing to be though to as crazy.

Any idea what it could be?

Thank you
Hi...it could be any number of things obviously. Did you have a lot of stress when this was happening? I think a lot of people are told they have stress and anxiety when the real problem isn't seen easily. If it's bothersome to you it would be best to get a second opinion. Stress and anxiety can be rough on the body as well as the mind, but usually I would think there is something else going on. Have you had your vitamin levels checked? I have a form of neuropathy myself so I also experience numbness and taste issues as well as a whole bunch of other issues.
keepingfaith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-06-2013)