View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 02:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Burning and Swelling 9 mo. after surgery

I just registered with this site and found it while looking for answers on the internet. I am 56 years old and had my decompression Surgery May 2012. I complained of pain, burning and swelling on the left side of the surgical scar when I went back for my check up at the post 6 week appt and was told I was still in the healing stage. My insurance expired and I was signed off as a successful surgery.

It is now 9 months since my decompression and I have continued to have problems. In the last 2-3 weeks it has gotten so bad that I can't function. The left side of my scar is burning and swelling, I ice the area and lay flat for hours. I have a cronic cough, vertigo, dizzyness, can't remember certain words when speaking, pain in limbs, continued sever sharp head pains, nausea, spasms, back of head neck and spine inso much pain, I can't be active without paying for it later, etc. I also have Occipital Neuralgia and Gerd. I have become a recluse out of shear pain and fatigue. I take both prescription medications and over the counter medications that I was instructed to take. I am coming to an end of the prescription medications I have and don't have any more refills.

I am concerned there may be a spinal fluid leakage and without insurance I just don't know where to turn. My neurosurgeon office staff told me when I was signed off that if I had any further issues I could be seen as a new patient. I was told to just give them a call if I needed to come in. I have called and haven't been able to get past the person that answers the phone. My neurosurgeon is a top notch surgeon but without insurance I can't seem to get an appointment.

Can anyone tell me if my symptoms are normal or if I need medical attention? Or any help finding someone that can see me without insurance.
Thanks
Twyla is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote