Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Question What vitamins do you take?

http://psychcentral.com/lib/2007/vit...olar-disorder/

Vitamins for Bipolar Disorder:
Quote:
Some vitamins have been associated with mood regulation, include the B vitamins. If you are deficient in any of the Bs, depression, anxiety, and fatigue can result. The B vitamins work together, so it’s best to take a B-complex supplement that mixes them in proper proportions along with folic acid. The Bs have a generally energizing effect and help build up the immune system.
Quote:
Vitamin B-1 (Thiamin). Alone, or in addition to a regular B-complex pill, B-1 might be a good idea for people with bipolar disorder who suffer from circulation problems, tingling in the extremities, anxiety, irritability, night terrors, and similar symptoms.

Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine)
. In addition to a regular B-complex pill, B-6 might be indicated for bipolar patients who present with a great deal of irritability, . . . If you start to experience tingling in your hands or feet, reduce or discontinue the B-6.

Vitamin B-12. Helps your body turn food into energy, and without enough of it you are likely to feel listless and fatigued. Vegetarians may also be deficient in B-12, as it’s found mostly in meat.
also
Quote:
Vitamin E.

Vitamins A and D.

Quote:
Some people metabolize vitamins and minerals differently, and may be more or less susceptible to potential toxic effects. Along with your doctor’s guidance, a good reference book can help you avoid problems.
I take D3 when I remember. Every once in a while I take B12
Hubby used to take B1 for a while because an ENT highly recommended it for all her patients.
I think my mdoc wanted me to talke B6 for something.

Mari
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-05-2013), butterfly11 (02-06-2013), Dmom3005 (02-05-2013)