View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 08:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Alice,

I definitely see your point. I've already repeatedly encountered the framed Yes vs No response to whether I have MG. It's happened where they forego testing & base their 'diagnosis' on my appearance or testing is done incorrectly, which leads to comments like,"You don't have MG, you're fine so you should be happy."

I'm not sure at all whether this is MG (or LEMS). Since they're highly suspect (especially due to the Polyglandular Autoimmune Syndrome and responses to Mestinon & Tensilon), I want the neuro to eliminate them as possibilities before searching for answers under other unturned stones or falling back onto the psychosomatic sword. As we've discussed on the boards, faulty testing methodology leads to faulty test results, so if they're going to eliminate MG as a possibility, I want to make sure they adhere to testing for it in a way to pick up on positive results if they're there.

I mentioned to Anacrusis earlier in the thread that I really want a neurologist who excels at communication & is engaged in helping me find answers. I would love to find a neurologist like that & work with them. I'm not married to the idea of having MG or LEMS. My primary focus is to get this identified & treated so I can hopefully start feeling better.

So we'll see where this lands.
seishin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote