View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice md View Post
I just noticed that you mentioned having Polyglandular autoimmune syndrome. Which type? Are you being followed by a good endocrinologist?
Alice, I don't yet have an endocrinologist. I first had chronic hives 13 years ago (head to toe, 3-4 times a day for nine months), it's in remission. I developed vitiligo around the same time, mild until deciding to make its appearance more prominent about four years ago. The Hashimoto's Thyroiditis was diagnosed this spring (2012). Only when researching the cropped up mystery symptoms of ptosis, generalized weakness, etc did I come across rare disease info stating chronic urticaria + vitiligo + Hashimoto's = PAS Type 3C. (Note, my mom also had PAS.)

All I need is to go to a doctor saying I predict a diagnosis of MG, and I self-labeled PAS while I was at it based on cyber research. There's no way I would be heard or escape a label of cyberchondriac. So I've put the PAS on the back burner while I search out a neuro. Then, I deal with getting an endocrinologist and finding if there are other glandular failures & whether adrenals are involved to make it not Type 3C. Then, I deal with my teeth (I still have three loosened crowns & loosened teeth from when all these symptoms started this fall.) And hopefully, before all of that, I'll have figured a way to get more pennies in my pocketbook. My Flex spending and ex-boyfriend presently are keeping me afloat.
seishin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote