View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 10:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie8 View Post
Twink, I'm so glad the Nuvigil helps you and you found the perfect thing to get you through the day! I hate it when the body wants the more expensive drugs though. I've been in that boat before.

What is Amantadine? I looked it up and it's listed as a Parkinson's drug and antiviral. Huh?
Natalie,

I can't tell you for sure but most drugs are developed for a specific disease but after being use for a while they are applicable for other conditions. For example Provigil was originally developed to help people with narcolepsy but at some point it was found to help the energy levels of us with MS. Since amantadine predates Provigil I have to believe that over time it was found to help MS patients with energy levels. For me it served a purpose to replace the Provigil which at the time would have cost me a small fortune each month.

Mike
Natalie8 (02-06-2013)