Thread: Puzzled...
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 07:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Puzzled...

i was recently diagnosed with RSD. i had shoulder surgery and i guess the RSD came as result of it. the pain was so bad and nobody believed me when i said that i felt like someone was burning a hole thru my arm... well, nobody until i saw a dr. who knew what he was up against.

i had a shot in my neck on friday and felt instantly fabulous! the pain was gone and i was jumping around like a freak in the office . i had been so miserable that i couldn't believe the immediate results.

it has been a day and a half since the shot - ok. i was wrong. i got the shot on thursday. this memory thing is ridiculous. so it's been 2 and a half days since the shot and it is losing its effect. not only is it burning in my arm, it feels like i have a hole burning thru my upper thigh. what is THAT all about?

i am on a slew of medication - hydrocodone, gabapentin, amitriptyline for sleep and methadone. the combo has been somewhat effective, but i'm getting scared that the awful pain is going to come back and stay. i get another shot on monday, but the nurse forewarned me that it would probably have a lesser effect.

long story short, i'm just frightened most of all. my husband doesn't want to hear me complain. he actually said that he thought i was excited to have this because i was researching it too much in his opinion. he makes me feel crazy.

can somebody please say something positive?

ang
unrouley1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote