View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Jeanie,

You are so welcome!! I am so thankful that you are open to hearing this unfortunately challenging yet factual information!

Yes, it is fine to take that tooth out that had the root canal started on it. As a matter of fact, the "antiseptic" that he put in may very well be formocresol. In fact, formocresol may also have been used in the other tooth several years ago. If you google formocresol.... second thought .... please don't as it will just upset you. No need to go there. Just rest assured that the "antiseptics" used in root canal therapy are generally toxic and cannot be rinsed off or removed from the lining of the tooth. That's why they use them because the "thinking" is to keep disinfecting the tooth for the life of the tooth even though it's toxic ..... which proves once again that the procedure is so fatally flawed.

So taking into consideration your physical condition, the long term infection and the toxicity associated with root canal therapy.... for the sake of your health, the sooner you have those teeth removed the better.

The antibiotics may help to subside some of the symptoms you are feeling but it is never a good idea to start antibiotics, stop mid course and then go back on them again. Some people do okay with that, others don't. So I cannot make that judgement call for you :/

I often refer people to the IAOMT organization when searching for a dentist who understands the systemic consequences of oral health. If you go to IAOMT.org scroll down to "find a dentist" and type in your country. Even if there is no one listed in your nearby area, you can call the office listed for a possible referral to someone closer to you. It's worth a try.

Jeanie, irrelevant of where you live, your choice of treatment is up to you. For an example, another member here Raye who states she lives in Canada (where the medical/dental system is very controlled) has persevered with much determination to fine a group of dentists to work with... and it has been a difficult journey for her. Even here in the US where it's supposedly(!!) an open, friendly medical/dental healthcare system ..... people need to be assertive and must be their own advocate in most cases or we get thrown into the system of convenience and incompetence.

I'm here to provide you the information to become empowered.... if you believe in it and can relate to it... then run with it!

Keep in touch here ... ok
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie.F View Post
Thank you so much for your reply Bryanna!

If I did find a dentist who would take the two teeth out, is it ok to remove the one that RCT was started on last week? He cleaned it out and put some antiseptic in and said he would finish it on Friday. So would it be ok for me to just not go back and look for someone to take the whole thing out as it is with the antiseptic in it?

I feel awful at the moment too, would going back on the antibiotics ease things for a bit while I found help?

Im finding it really hard to find anyone who isnt trying to force me into doing this RCT and keeping the tooth!

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote