View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 07:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hiya

hi all. i'm angie... i just turned 33 - wife of josh and mom of 3: talley (girl, 7), london (boy, 5) and scout (girl, 3).i was diagnosed with RSD about 3 days ago. i had shoulder surgery in march and had constant pain afterwards. the pain meds wouldn't work and i finally had a face-to-face with my doc about the pain that was burning a hole thru me! i had an x-ray and an MRI that showed the surgery was a success, but the pain said something different. i also had a purple hand and cold and numb fingers.

she told me i had RSD and sent me up to the pain clinic. the doc there said he didn't know... said 50/50 chance, but that he wanted to do blood work, a bone density scan and a shot in the neck. he said if the shot worked then he knew what it was.

well, i had the shot and it worked. i left the office without any mention of doing any other tests.

i'm really scared. i have a loving husband, but he doesn't understand how much pain i am in and thinks i just want attention. i am a very, very active person. i love any kind of sport and just play till my body stops. i'm scared that this is going to take over my life! i have been forgetting things. i have been talking strangely - i will start a sentence and then start the sentence over after saying the first 3 words like... i have to i have to go to the store.

can you guys relate to this?

i'm glad i found this forum.

ang
unrouley1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (03-20-2015), Theburasfam (05-01-2020)