View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 04:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Hi Vowel Lady, thank you for replying to me. Im sorry to hear you're in
pain too. I knew I might have to deal with diabetic nueropathy at some stage in the future (in the legs and feet) and I have always known
since I was diagnosed about the diabetes and gum infection connection but never thought I would be in this position!

The endodontist gave me a prescription for pain killers Friday and I have been taking them but still feeling pain. I tried to get an appointment with my GP to discuss how everything is affecting my diabetes but she could'nt fit me in until next week. I only get to see an endocrinologist once a year if even (I havn't been since last Feb and still don't have an appointment for this year) So Im basically trying to keep on top of it myself by going to my GP every few months and asking for specific bloods and other tests. The medical system here is not in good shape, hospital waiting lists are long, appointments are short and not very productive as far as Im concerned, I got used to teaching myself what I needed to do and trying not to rely on such an inefficient system when it came to my diabetes but I didn't realise I'd have to start doing it with the dental system side of things too

Anyway on a more positive note! Thanks to you both I have been productive over the last few hours. I was definately anxious after reading everything Bryanna and I will not be googling that toxin for definite as Iv lost enough sleep the last few weeks! But I did google your link and there is Dentist on there but he is in Cork to the very south of the country, I also managed to find an holistic dentist in Mayo to the west of the country who I rang and got a number for an holistic dentist in the East where I am which is a couple of hours away by train.

I rang and spoke to a lovely receptionist who was very sympathetic, I told her what I would like done and that I was not getting help from anyone else, she said she would speak to the dentist and ring me back. 10 mins later she did ring, told me to start taking the antibiotics again, to cancel the RCT treatment Friday and booked me in for two extractions next Wednesday! She took my address and is sending me out presciptions for more pain killers and antibiotics and told me to write down anything I wanted to talk about. She said that whatever I wanted to do would be fine, that I know my body and whats right for it!

I can't tell you what a relief it has been just to speak to someone so helpful and nice and to have an appointment to start getting sorted!

Again thank you so much for your kindness and for taking the time to help me
to get back on track finally
Jeanie.F is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote