View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 08:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New info from Vascular Surgeon

Hi everyone,

So as many of you know I am in the midst of getting my Trial SCS scheduled, actually I have a meeting with my pain Dr tomorrow and that is to get the procedures scheduled. So, he said I needed to see the Psychologist, did that, he said I am "normal". Ok....

My Pain Dr also wanted me to see a Vascular Surgeon, whom I saw yesterday. Had a little quiet hissy fit in the office when after waiting 45 mins past appointment they told me that it might a 2 hour wait, since he is only in this office 1.5 days a week. Oh no, I said nope I will not wait 2 hours, guess what, I was taken into the exam room 15 mins later. Hmmmm

Anyhow, I liked the Dr. He was very cautious with touching my leg and foot and always asked first if he could touch an area, very considerate. The good news is that I do not have arterial or venous anomalies, the blue and purple leg and foot is just due to the CRPS and the nerves constricting blood flow. So that was goos news, however, he then asked if it was ok to check the pulse in my good leg with the same Dopler Machine, I said sure. Well a couple mins later he told me that my "good" leg blood flow is as bad as my "bad" leg blood flow, I just am not feeling any symptoms. OMG, not what I was expecting.
So tomorrow at my pain Dr apointment it will be interesting to hear what he says. I hope this does not derail my going for the SCS.

Has anyone else ever had this happen to them ?

Just once can I get some good news ????
Wibley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (02-05-2013), Rrae (02-05-2013)