Old 02-05-2013, 11:57 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Nah.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanc View Post
Hi yellow. Sorry you are having to go through another revision, but it sounds like there is a good plan in place and I am sure it will all work out for you. Hope the muscle relaxer helps you in the meantime.

I have a question for you - do you have percutaneous or paddle leads in the thoracic stim? I ask because I originally had percutaneous leads and one migrated and was causing awful pain in my back. The doctor thought that it was stimulating the muscles, tendons, etc. because it was in a different position. That is when they decided to remove them and replace with a paddle lead. It was much better, although I do still feel some pain/spasms there from both stims, which means I have to keep them both lower than I want to, but it is much better with the paddle lead Did you guys discuss switching to a paddle lead? Because I already had leads in place, they did not have to do a laminectomy. They were able to use the same path of the other leads.

Oh, wanna hear something funny? I am in pre-op prepping for the revision surgery and my husband asks my doctor how many surgeries he has done like this (with this type of lead) or is she the guinea pig? Dr laughed and said, yeah, "she is the guinea pig". Then the rep says that I am the first in the state to get leads like this. Oh boy! Good thing I trusted my doctor The reps did tell me that my dr had just gone through the extra training for this surgery...Like I wasn't nervous enough, I could've knocked my husband out for this one

Anyway, keep us posted on how things go. You are in my prayers.
Nanc
WAIT one darn minute Nanc, I thought I lived in the wild west, where cows have the run of main street in some of our towns and such..... You live near the SEAT OF POWER..... I am surprised the power doesn't just ooze over on y'all. So what is that about you being the FIRST in the state? It wasn't April 1 was it???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

Oh, well, I am going to go into the back yard and bonk my head on a tree....
like in the cartoons,
Yup.
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (02-09-2013), Nanc (02-06-2013), Rrae (02-07-2013), yellow (02-06-2013)