View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

rmschaver,

I think you missed my point. If the psych had tried to do an evaluation and even prescribed medication, even as a temporary help, WCB would be able to leverage that against MsRrio. It is amazingly difficult to undo even well intentioned temporary helps. I have been through the WC system and lost miserably. I have observed this same struggle in the lives of plenty of other injured workers.

FYI, The Work Comp system was established to protect employers at the expense of the injured employee. The 'gift' to the employee is a no fault process as long as the injury took place during working hours. As WC insurance companies complained, the WC rules got rewritten to favor the employer even more. This created an entire 'industrial medicine' industry. The statutes pay the doctors based on report pages. There are industrial medicine partnerships that have databases of boilerplate reports that paramedical writers cut and paste into reports to be signed by the 'reporting doctor.'

Some doctors write their own reports but the low pay causes them to become disenchanted with the system. It becomes worse when they see the way their reports get twisted against well deserving injured workers. The system is simple, play along and the medical professions will get paid as long as the injured worker does not get everything they deserve. The attorneys and doctors with their post graduate degrees deserve their big paychecks but workers who can get injured at work are the peons who deserve the leftovers.

In a few cases, the injured workers gets a just settlement, usually when the injury is obvious, like a broken leg or amputated finger or hand. Those of us with invisible injuries are labeled as driven by the chance of a big payout. There are lawyers and claims adjusters who fill conference halls to teach how to blame the injured worker for malingering.

All we need is a medical or psych report that questions the cause of our symptoms to have our claim crash and burn. A professional who does not know how to connect our symptoms to our concussion can open that door of question. Attorney Gordon Johnson addresses the serious risk of getting such an evaluation and report. My experience confirms what he says a www.tbilaw.com and www.subtlebraininjury.com

btw, No offense taken from those who disagree with this.

My best to you all.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote