View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 04:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool Hi, TOS world

[QUOTE=(Broken Wings);954666

This was a reply to your post roman8. I cut it off. IPad thing is thought tough to post with.
]Hey, romam8,

Sorry it's been so long to post and read on TOS. I have been overwhelmed.

As I've stated many times: life keeps coming at ya, like a freight train. Right?

How about you? How have you been getting along?

I have improved even more. I can drive three to four hours and then back home, with minor exacerbation. (To Louisville for dr appointments and the grandchildren).

I may take off to the beach any day now.

It could happen. I long to hear the ocean sounds, both day and night. Just one more time, please!!!

I got involved in a hit and run Dec 2011. I got rear ended again. he ran like a drug running criminal!!!

I did need to go back and see Dr. Atasoy. He and Candi are retiring. .

I don't know where to go when he officially retires. Afraid I'll get jacked up in the wrong hands. So many caregivers don't have a clue about the reckoning of TOS to a patient. Scary

I would scoot my way down the Mt. Parkway to Dr. Atasoy, cuz I couldn't crawl with TOS :

Back on Baclofen daytime, zanaflex nighttime and Lidoderm patches. Using lights regularly again. Hopefully, will be off those soon. I also acquired a neuro stimulator. It helps. Not like the lights, though.

Pain from TOS is rarely a 4, so I feel blessed.

I do like the LED and infrared light therapy pads I have told you all about from time to time. they are great.

I am very stubborn and take on a lot more than I should. I refer to it as getting over the humps nowadays, the hump, the hump, the hump...

When I do visit our blessed TOS forum, I quickly become more depressed. It's a lot of bad memories, all those years. And yes, it was pure hell!! 24/7, 71/2 years of it. I don't want to go back there, at all. So many of my TOS buddies here are still at a high rate of pain. It's horrible to be stricken with TOS. I feel your pain. I know where you're at. You're not alone.

A lot more recognition needs to be given for the debilitating conditions TOS and scalenes has associated with it.

I had other miserable things to deal with, too. Back pain is miserable pain. 24/7... Headaches to the point of pucking. Neck is probably in the worst anatomical shape. Still, surgery was not recommended for my neck, and a few more to deal with.

Things happen for a reason. I accept all that.

I've come a long way, and I give God the praise for it. It has humbled me, at times. It has made a fierce fighter out of me. So, I don't know how to put words to the destruction TOS did to my world. I could have overcame the others, I believe, if it wasn't for the scalenes and TOS factor always present. All of which I could've lived without.

I still haven't found my old self yet. Rarely, I feel normal with so many scars from all that I went through. Very rare. And I'm not a better person because of it, either.

I don't know how I survived. For many years, in the dark early morning hours, it was just me, my dog and God. Sad but true, I accidentally ran over my dog in March 2006. Bad day!!!

We just recently brought a kitten home. For years I wouldn't have another pet because I felt so bad about losing my Mag, and running over her didn't help matters.

We named him Kitty Boss Cat, cuz he's the boss. He has brought much joy to our hearts. He is quite the cat... Spoiled is what he is.

And the train keeps coming... :

Now I'm dealing with hubby. He fell 4th of July, 2012. He suffered a broken neck, stroke, and concussion. We just don't get off easy here at our home. Bad packs a wallop around here. It was very bad. I thank God he's able to get around, drive some, light cooking. He is a fighter. I am well prepared to care for his needs. I have lots of therapeutic means to offer him.

We struggle, with me having to be the strong one now, the driver for now...
Still working every day. Not as much, though, for many reasons...

Hubby is number one right now. I'll do what I have to do to see him through this. He is really having it rough.

We did discover neuro visual rehab for him. Didn't know it existed till now. It's very promising.

Sorry... I'm rambling again.

Take care and let me know how you're doing.

Last edited by (Broken Wings); 02-06-2013 at 04:23 AM.
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote