Thread: Revision #2
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 11:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Nanc, I didn't know that paddle leads could ever be put in without a laminectomy. That's really interesting! But how scared you must have been hearing that right before you went into surgery! Thankfully everything turned out well, and hopefully your husband learned never to ask a question like that again No, my doctor hasn't discussed the paddle leads with me. I wonder if it would make a difference for me? At this point if the leads need to be replaced, which hopefully they won't, I think the new 16 point leads are a good option for me since there will be double the options to get the right coverage where I need it. It's really good to know, though, that if I do end up getting the paddle leads at any point that I wouldn't need to have the laminectomy.

The more I have time to process it, the more I feel that this surgery is going to help me and I feel good about it. It's hard when no one can give you any kind of guarantee (since the x-rays don't show anything obvious), but I'm glad there are several options to try if the first doesn't work. My first revision went well and I have a good feeling this one will too

I'm most worried about my schedule, which is a bit insane these Spring months due to graduate school and a whole bunch of field experience hours that need to be completed. But I know I need to just place it all in God's hands and He will help me through it.
yellow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (02-09-2013), Hannabananna (02-07-2013), Mark56 (02-06-2013), Rrae (02-07-2013)