View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 12:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Prevention Regimen

Hello!

I've posted here before about the amazing progress my then girlfriend (now fiancee) has been able to achieve with an intensive graded motor imagery program and some other supplements/strategies for addressing little things that flare her up. For the past month, she has had about 2-3 days of flares that have not been extreme (about a 4 on a scale of 10) and has been pain-free other than that. She has begun working from home and does yoga, push-ups, squats and leg lifts too to build her strength.

My question is this: it seems as though she's kind of turned a corner with this, but I want to be wary and prepared if her CRPS ever spontaneously returns or she gets injured in some way. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of intervention and we have her on about 1,000 mg p/day of vitamin C based on journal articles recommending this strategy for prevention. Other than "don't get hurt", what other strategies would you have in place both to a) prevent recurrence of CRPS or b) quickly nip the process that might lead to CRPS in the bud if she gets reinjured.

Any input is much appreciated and I'm happy to explicate what we did with the GMI program if anyone is interested.

Thanks!
cja1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote