Thread: Revision #2
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 12:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow View Post
Nanc, I didn't know that paddle leads could ever be put in without a laminectomy. That's really interesting! But how scared you must have been hearing that right before you went into surgery! Thankfully everything turned out well, and hopefully your husband learned never to ask a question like that again No, my doctor hasn't discussed the paddle leads with me. I wonder if it would make a difference for me? At this point if the leads need to be replaced, which hopefully they won't, I think the new 16 point leads are a good option for me since there will be double the options to get the right coverage where I need it. It's really good to know, though, that if I do end up getting the paddle leads at any point that I wouldn't need to have the laminectomy.

The more I have time to process it, the more I feel that this surgery is going to help me and I feel good about it. It's hard when no one can give you any kind of guarantee (since the x-rays don't show anything obvious), but I'm glad there are several options to try if the first doesn't work. My first revision went well and I have a good feeling this one will too

I'm most worried about my schedule, which is a bit insane these Spring months due to graduate school and a whole bunch of field experience hours that need to be completed. But I know I need to just place it all in God's hands and He will help me through it.
Yes, I gave my husband major grief for doing that to me. It was bad enough that they were having major problems getting the IV in and because of those delays, they let my husband come back to see me and the dr was in there...it was chaos! Then my husband starts these questions for the doctor, scared the crap out of me!!

The rep told me that they were concerned at first about the paddle lead going in and then it slid right into position...he said they were high-fiving each other in there. I get really good coverage from the one paddle, although I can't remember how many points are on it. I know that they have different paddle sizes. If I needed it, I could get great stimulation in my mid-section...back and abdomen, areas but at this time I do not. My rep said that so many of her patients would kill for the kind of coverage I get I am happy to have the paddle lead vs. the two percutaneous leads, they tend to migrate easier and now I don't need to worry about that part of it so much.

I am sure you will do fine with the procedure, recovery and your hectic schedule. You are such a strong person, I admire you!

All the best,
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (02-09-2013), Mark56 (02-06-2013), Rrae (02-07-2013), yellow (05-17-2013)