Thread: Puzzled...
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 09:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

unrouley,

i'm glad to meet u, but so sorry that it's this way....bacause u have rsd.

it sounds as if u have a well-informed doc who believes what u say....many of here went to far too many docs before we found one who would listen and accept what we said......i read several years ago that the average rsd patient saw 13 or 14 doctors before finding one who would help, and the stories i've heard here make me think it's true.

u may have similar results with your next block.....or, unfortunately, results that r nowhere near as good......there r people here who get wonderful relief from blocks, some who find them useless, and some - like me - who have mixed results....sometimes excellent, sometimes poor.....i hope u fall into the 'excellent' category.

the only suggestion i have regarding the situation with your hubby is to teach him about rsd......i had to print things out and stand over my hub till he read them....left on his own, he would put the stuff aside saying "i'll read it later', so i'd say "oh no, please...this is really good and i want u to see it right away so we can talk about it"......didn't always work, but it did help....he's still not very supportive, but he's better than he was.....your hub's comment about "researching too much" sounds a bit like my guy, and he needs to know what the 2 of u r facing.....he also needs to understand that this isn't imaginary or exaggerated.

many of us have had to deal with insensitive comments from folks who have NO idea what they're talking about.....my sis-in-law, to this day insists i have artritis and that i'm making a big deal out of nothing, so i've stopped spending time around her.....i've learned to stay away form those who minimize my problems.

PLEASE feel free to come here and vent.....none of us can stop your pain, tho we all wish we could help each other that way, but we can offer empathy, information and understanding.

i hope all goes well with your block on manday....let us know, okay?

liz
coachV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote