View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 02:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Fiancé TBI

Thank you for the quick responses. He does not have a neuropsychologist, however we recently started therapy with a psychologist. I have asked him to take me to a support group, but he doesn't want to.
As far as his job goes, I believe it was more of him trying to prove something to everyone. He runs a department and is very good at what he does. While he is at work he seems happy. But, when he walks through our door at night he is exhausted and moody. Sometimes the kids think they did something wrong and I can see the disappointment in their faces. It's like we're all waiting to see what kind of mood he is in.
He is a great person, fiancé, and father. I don't want you guys to only picture the bad. We have been together three years the kids do not remember life without him.
I can see where the debt would drive him crazy as he is very OCD about our finances. I do work two jobs, however I am trying to finish school too, so we have loans to pay. Before we came along he had his entire financial future planned to a T. So, that could also be weighing on him. My goal is to finish school and give him the opportunity to stay home or work a job part time job just for fun.
I will definitely check out the vitamin regimen info. I work in the holistic field so he is on some really good fish oil and he's tried various brain formulas. We also eat a lot of brain boosting food and we juice everyday. He does yoga and stretching with me occasionally and that seems to help tremendously!
Also, is there anything else that could happen in the future? Sometimes I get the feeling he doesn't want me attending the support groups or meet his brain doctor bc there are things he doesn't want me to know. He has schizophrenia in his family (his dads brother) and his parents have some paranoia issues. Also, do I need to worry about him dying young? He wants to have kids of his own and I'm terrified. You mentioned something about his mental status deteriorating or improving due to certain triggers.
He's the best man that I know and want to educate myself, so I can help our relationship and family. But, sometimes I do tend to forget he has an injury and I get so upset with him.
Angee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote