View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 03:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark56 View Post
Knowing disclosures as I do regarding medical procedures there must have been some disclosure to you regarding the risks involved by the principal surgeon, the anesthesiologist, the surgical facility in which the procedure was performed..... In the very least the psychological profiling which would have been mandated prior to the procedure would have been filled with questions determined to ferret your potential for realization of risks inherent with the procedure, its potential outcomes, your expectations.

Gently realizing you are, as reported, living life with intractable and horrible pain compounded by injury it is so very unlikely you could have been admitted to the surgical suite as the patient of the hour had you not signed off to statement after statement through which you were informed of possible outcomes. This I have lived so very many times as a patient, the language of the dire consequence potential risks is very nearly burned into my mind's eye.

Things sometimes turn out very much for the bad affecting us. I, for instance, bear permanent nerve damage which will prevent me from doing a good many things I used to know as taken for granted. For you, I so very much hope somehow, in some way, at some time, a means to resolve your situation will become apparent and doable.

I care
Hi Mark........I know of the risks for any surgery that you sign off for. What happened to me was atypical and related only to the SCS. The docs have no idea what happened or why. ..I went home and vomited for 12 hrs. Unknowingly this displaced my wires, and the unit when turned on was stabbing me on the sides of my chest. I began having shaking chills, then I felt like a furnace.
My hands and feet felt as if they were being smacked on concrete. .........I stopped using it after a week when my neuropathic pain got worse........the tech and I saw the doc, found the wires migrated and he sent me home only using the one good side. ..............but it just got worse every time I turned it on which was only a few more times. ...then I started having problems with weak legs and walking.......................so after 45 days it was removed. .......I am living with those symptoms, which were all from the SCS.................my issues are not the normal risks you take with any surgery........I could understand a stroke or cardiac event.........but not this......the horrible unrelenting muscle spasms are the worst
dawngri is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (02-06-2013), Rrae (02-07-2013)