View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 09:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Hi artist

Thanks for the reply, yes that does fit into my medical history, I was working as a Dental Assistant so i was constantly using my hands in repetitive motions all the time. The first EMG/NCS showed that i had severe CTS in my right hand (my dominant hand) and mild CTS in my left hand. The trigger finger developed about 2 weeks before I had the surgery. I didn't have the burning pain, swelling or the color changes until after the CTS/Trigger finger release surgery.

I'm wondering if the enlarged median nerve could be a result of the RSD or could the RSD have caused the reocurrence of CTS due to all the swelling that I have. I'm trying to make sense of it all especially since the second EMG/NCS came back negative and showed improvement when compared to the first EMG/NCS.

I searched for info regarding what would cause the enlarged median nerve and have not found too much info on it. Any other information or opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited by DarkAngel; 05-05-2007 at 09:55 PM. Reason: still learning the smilies LOL!
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote