View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 10:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Great question...great replies!

What a heart warming read.All at different stages of this condition,yet predominantly upbeat and encouraging.
And although I personally try to remain positive without relying too heavily on the support of others,there are very definite influences in my life,from people who either make it a Great PD day...a mediochre PD day or a damn bloody difficult PD day.Let me illustrate further.I think we all have experienced the horror of the "Parkinson mask"...you know..the moment when our facial muscles decide to mutate into that "sandwich short of a picnic" expression.The worst of it is,your brain forgets to let you know that that is your expression for the next half hour.So..when everyone else is rolling on the floor,in pleats at someones hilarious joke,you are the only one sitting there like a wax work from Madam Tussauds,not blinking,not smiling....just sort of stony faced and out of it.
Well...the folk who make it a Great PD day will leap to your aid by feigning an emergency situation and whisk you away from the scene in a jiffy,and sit with you patiently until the said muscles are back in action.
The folk who make it a mediochre PD day will slap you on the back in a friendly gesture and kindly make excuses for you "not getting the joke"
The last lot of sleazeballs...the ones who only have thoughts for themselves will wait for a lull in the laughter and then in a loud voice will boom
"What`s eating you..you frosty old fart....have you NO sense of humour!!!"
leaving you to mumble your own reasons for sitting there devoid of expression.
I rest my case.Surround yourself with people who ...like the saying goes;
"will sing your song when you have forgotten the words."

And speaking of songs Chris...at the minute the one closest to my heart is;
Maria McKee ...Breathe.

Both lyrics and music are divine...and if you er...um....ever get chance to do what your heart desires ALL DAY... then this is the song to have in the background .

Steff
x
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote