View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 06:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
Well, I can give you a short definition of Myelopathy -- it's any disease of the spinal cord or bone marrow. That doesn't say much does it.

Neuropathy is an abnormal and degenerative state of the nervous system or nerves. Oh goody.

Since many of us have neuropathy, I'm sure we all love to see THAT. To be honest, I'd never looked that up before. Good grief.

And your spinal cord looks like a bent straw? YIKES!! Yes, I'm surprised you're walking too! You're a MIRACLE! God is certainly watching over YOU.

Will you please keep us informed. I know that *I* want to know how you're doing!! I'm REALLY interested. I'll keep saying prayers. In the meantime, please take good care of yourself. God bless & hope to hear from you soon. Hugs, Lee
Hmmm. Neuropathy does sound like a downer all right.

I have two doctors that have strongly suggested that I apply for disability. I wasn't really to keen on the idea. The whole pride thing, you know. But the more I thought about it the more I realized that what I want to do is easily trumped by what my body is capable of doing.

I reluctantly applied for SSDI a couple of weeks ago. I have an appointment Feb. 12th at the field office. Reading some of the horror stories about SSDI from the other members here, I'm not expecting a favorable outcome. Another option that may be available is vocational rehab. Though I'm not sure what jobs that are out there that I am able to do.
Rabid Weasel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote