View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 07:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had my neuropsych assessment two weeks ago. I have seen the preliminary report. The np doc was dead on. While I knew i was struggling he was able to point out why. Apparently I have deficits in memory, attention, concentration and slowed processing speed. I also tested very high average in many other areas. The difference between the deficits and my preinjury abilities is a real frustration. By the time I get home I am toast. My patience is nonexistent.

I would not worry to much about going to therapy with him. He will need time to trust himself before he trusts you. I know it sounds silly but post injury takes time for the injured to adjust to their selves. If he is able to hear it maybe a talk is in order on the weekend after he has had time to get rested. Let him know how the kids are struggling to. Let the kids have an opportunity to let him know they understand he got hurt and they would like to help however they can. While it will not change the exhaustion or other symptoms just clearing the air can help. The kids get a chance to be heard and he gets to see how much he means to everyone.

To see the divine in the moment.
rmschaver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote