Old 02-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Started a Thread under your name for You DAWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawngri View Post
Hi Mark........I know of the risks for any surgery that you sign off for. What happened to me was atypical and related only to the SCS. The docs have no idea what happened or why. ..I went home and vomited for 12 hrs. Unknowingly this displaced my wires, and the unit when turned on was stabbing me on the sides of my chest. I began having shaking chills, then I felt like a furnace.
My hands and feet felt as if they were being smacked on concrete. .........I stopped using it after a week when my neuropathic pain got worse........the tech and I saw the doc, found the wires migrated and he sent me home only using the one good side. ..............but it just got worse every time I turned it on which was only a few more times. ...then I started having problems with weak legs and walking.......................so after 45 days it was removed. .......I am living with those symptoms, which were all from the SCS.................my issues are not the normal risks you take with any surgery........I could understand a stroke or cardiac event.........but not this......the horrible unrelenting muscle spasms are the worst
I truly can relate to your pain and disappointment regarding the failure of your SCS. Even so, you are posting in a sticky thread which is meant to be used for general preserved info on specific topic, such as this one which started off with a Poll, which device does a patient have, SCS or Pain Pump. Please click here
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...940#post954940

Hopefully, you will be transported thence to post away regarding the issues with which you wrestle.
May all of the folks gather around you to support you in this situation.
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dawngri (02-18-2013), Rrae (02-07-2013)