Thread: alcohol...
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 06:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperShoes View Post
Just wondering if someone could explain the ins and outs of alcohol and having post concussion syndrome. Since my accident in June I have a very low tolerance of alcohol the very few times I have drunk, and I start to feel sick when I drink it. I was just wondering how it all worked in relation to having a poorly brain, and also if I should still be staying off alcohol 100% - easier said than done when you're 21 with a bunch of friends who like hitting the town, however much cheaper!!
Alcohol is toxic to brain cells as noted.

Recovery from brain injury takes long time.......longer than past 'experts' predicted. Alcohol can slow and stop this recovery.

Brain injury trauma can place survivors at risk of developing seizures.
Alcohol can lower the seizure threshold and may trigger seizures.

And more >> resource: Alcohol Use After Traumatic Brain Injury

Current: Changes of more insomnia, new reviews with findings of more Depression, tremors, vertigo, tinnitus, loss of focus, fatigue; SSDI - accepted on Depression, Cognitive Deficits; Seizures ruled out, mTBI changes including cognitive slowing/lapses.
Medication update: Topamax 200mg twice daily it seems to minimize daily headaches to a 1-2/10 quality(I still know they are there); and acute headaches erupt without warnings.
Concussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anonxyz (02-08-2013), cyclecrash (02-07-2013)