View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 11:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicgirl757 View Post
Does anyone remember what the dose is of Vitamin C is that helps prevent the spread and/or flare up of RSD? I have to have surgery on my neck on my right side to removal a suspicious thyroid nodule and half of my thyroid that may be cancerous. If it is cancer, I have to have my whole thyroid out. My RSD is in my right shoulder, arm, hand, and leg already. I don't need it in my neck! I am kind of nervous about having another surgery after a major shoulder surgery caused the onset my RSD which spread quite a bit. Anyone else know any preventative things I can do? Thanks, any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Hey,

I am not sure what the answer is. Since my induction of RSD (shoulder surgery mess up) I have had to have a hernia operation and more recently an emergent appendectomy. For the hernia issue, my PM doc who is also an anesthesiologist, directed things to where I have had no spread there. My appendectomy, is a different matter. I have had fairly intense burning pain around the right lower quadrant since then. My pain management doc was not there for that. Not sure what to tell you...
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
musicgirl757 (02-10-2013)