Thread: alcohol...
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 01:34 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Besides to good posts from the others,

*admin edit* We need to accept that alcohol is counter to good brain health. If friends think "not drinking" is socially unacceptable, we need to consider two things. First, why do your friends think alcohol is a necessity? Why have you not learned to stand and defend your injury and tell them, "I am recovering from a head injury and need to stay away from alcohol." ? You can even say, My doctor has told me to not drink alcohol.

The research shows that alcohol is not good for an injured brain at any amount. There are some who consider one serving per day acceptable as a means of relaxing for the evening. The relaxation is more valuable than the small amount of a single serving of alcohol.

Beer is the worst alcohol to drink because of the many substances in it that challenge the brain. The hang-over is more of a toxic and allergic reaction. The alcohol is bad enough without the added insult from the beer components.

If the 'I'm sick and I don't want you to catch what I have' works, they must already be drunk because it is a dead giveaway. The alcohol is a disinfectant.

Your mind is already altered, it does not need any further alteration.

If you can tolerate a single serving without feeling off the next day, it may be OK as an evening relaxant. If you feel off, don't even drink the one serving.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

Last edited by Chemar; 02-08-2013 at 09:03 AM. Reason: NT guidelines
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anonxyz (02-08-2013)