Old 05-06-2007, 12:17 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
I have post concussion syndrome, from being assaulted by my husband, he hit me in the head with a beer bottle at the pool, then my chair went over and I hit my head on the cement.

Since, I had a X-ray of my neck because I have a 2 level fusion with plate and screws, and a cat scan. That was right away, and this syndrome occurs later. Plus X-rays don't show what a MRI will.

The headaches are horrid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Besides other factors.

My PCP is now ordering a MRI of my head and neck.

I was just wondering if anyone has been through this type of syndrome or knows of anyone.

Thanks, Nikko
Yes, I have, more than twice. Not really sure how many, sorry but, I found being quiet, resting, no stress, heating pad sometimes helped, other times cold packs, it was something I had to experiment with. It takes a long time for things to heal and collected blood to disperse and swelling to go away. I got impatient too, I remember that, frustrated, angry, depressed. It all goes with it. But I found the more running around I did, the more commotion in my life, the more stress put upon me by other people, the worse it was. Just being alone and resting seemed to be the best thing. That's TIME to heal. Running from doctor to doctor only made things worse. When I just STOPPED and allowed myself the TIME to heal THEN it got better.

Oh and Excedrin helped More that you'd expect.
Wiix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote